Sunday, May 27, 2012

Drifting in the Current

For the last several days I have been preparing myself for the variety show Nacer Del Agua at the Lyric Theatre here in Hamilton. For the first time in my life I was painting live on a stage during the show in front of a large audience.


The only criteria I was given was to include the theme of water. I went through several ideas over the course of a month, none I was really satisfied with. Then at 3am on Friday, inspiration struck and I quickly sketched out several ideas of a Nyad: a faerie like creature that lives in lake and rivers.


In the end I drew 4 different version and decided on this one. I loved her high arching shoulder, and how she seems to be caught in mid movement, her hair turning into the shape of a gold fish. It seemed the most beautiful and ethereal of all the sketches.

No comments:

Post a Comment