Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Her Roots Run Deep

This is a paid commission piece I did back at the beginning of the year. The man who commissioned it had been flipping through my sketchbook and noticed all of my drawings of women becoming trees, and asked for a large painting in that theme that he could hang next to all the H R Giger prints he had. Thus, this painting came into being. It was rather fun because the piece was entirely experimental as I tried many techniques I never used before, including blowing jets of air on the paint to create the branches. This piece is one of the most  organic paintings I have created to date.
(note: this is not the completed version. Completed version will be added to the blog soon)

Her Roots Run Deep: 2012
- water colour, ink
- 20x32 inches, illustration board

No comments:

Post a Comment