Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Of Birds and Fish

These two drawings I did back in 2010 in the late spring. Both individually took about 4 hours. It had been a very long time since I had done any drawings for myself, and I produced these ones shortly after I left school. It was wonderful to get back into drawing and do something like and airy in theme. Simple portraits with animals added to them seemed the way to go.


This particular piece is my favourite of the two. It was the first idea I had and I simply went with it without really planning it in advance. 

Flock of Seagulls: 2010
- pencil crayon, ink, water colour
- 8x11 inches
This piece was the second of the two, completed within the same week as the first. This one took more planning, mostly for the pose and angle of the figure. It took a little more time as well because I added in hands. I really enjoy the pose and composition of the piece, but I feel I executed it poorly when it comes to the proportions of the face. This is a piece I would definitely like to recreate, along with the above one as well.


Overall, however, I am really pleased with the two pieces and my return to the realm of visual arts.

School of Fish: 2010
- pencil crayon, ink, water colour
- 8x11 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment