Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Folk 'n' Roll

At the beginning of the year, I was commissioned by a band to do the Album artwork for their second Album. The theme was hitchhiking on a desolate road where no one will pick up the hitchhiker. 


I wanted to give the images a grungy, almost crude feeling to them, which the band really enjoyed. All in all, everyone was pretty happy with the results.


The Plain Steel, Front Cover: 2011
- water colour, ink
- 12x12 inches, illustration board


The two pieces in total took a long time to complete, probably over 20 hours, and both pieces each were started once and then restarted after the first attempts weren't coming out the way I wanted them to. I had a very difficult time trying to capture the tail lights of the cars driving past with water colours, and I am still not really satisfied with them, but as of now I am not sure how I can improve on them. It is something I am going to try to figure out some other time.


The Plain Steel, Back Cover: 2011
- water colour, ink
- 12x12 inches, illustration board

No comments:

Post a Comment