Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Screaming, but No One Hears

Back in early 2011 I was experiencing many new changes to my life, changes I decided to take to try and make myself better. When I first initiated the changes, it was a very hard time for me, and it tested many of the relationships in my life. Some crumbled, some strengthened. I was having a particular bad day of feeling like no one was really hearing what I was saying, when I decided to draw these two pieces to focus my angry energy.

Scream 1: 2011
- ink
- 14x10 inches


These two drawings were conceived and executed very quickly, each only taking 1 hour to do, both drawn back-to-back. This time I cannot choose a favourite, though many people I know like the first one, because there is sometime wonderful about the gentle, flowing hand coming from the mouth while the rest of the piece is hard and tense.


Scream 2: 2011
- ink
- 14x10 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment